For volunteers who are interested in providing transportation for PA/SJ Disaster Relief
- All tow vehicles must have current registration, insurance and state inspection.
- All tow vehicles must NOT exceed their registered towing capacity.
- All tow vehicles must have an electric brake controller (mounted or internal).
- All tow vehicles that may transport the Communications Center and/or the kitchen unit must have a minimum of a Class 8 combination weight sticker and a 1 ton truck with a fifth wheel and bumper hitch with a 2 1/4 inch receiver.
- If possible, tow vehicles should have an insert with a 2 inch or 2 5/16 inch ball.
- All drivers must be a member in good standing with a Southern Baptist Church and have a current DR Training Certification.
- All drivers must have a current state driver’s license.
- All drivers transporting the Communications Center and/or the kitchen unit must have a minimum Non-Commercial Class A CDL.
- All drivers must have a clean driving record and abide by all traffic laws.
- All drivers should have some experience pulling a trailer.
- All drivers should keep their contact information and vehicle information up to date. Con-tact DR Transportation Coordinator, Bob Strobel, 724-510-1736 with new information.
Disaster Relief Responsibilities:
- DR will give as much notice as possible when equipment needs to be moved.
- DR will reimburse cost for fuel and tolls when moving equipment. You will be required to turn in receipts.
- DR will provide insurance on State owned equipment. Church owned equipment is in-sured by the church or association. Your personal auto insurance should cover the unit being towed, however, DR’s insurance will cover any costs that your auto insurance does not cover.
- DR will not assume responsibility for repairs in the event of a personal vehicle break-down.
- DR will not assume responsibility for traffic violations or citations.
Any questions concerning these requirements and information updates should be directed to DR Transportation Coordinator, Bob Strobel at (724) 510-1736. He will be working with with State Director Kenton Hunt overseeing the coordination and transportation of our Disaster Relief equipment.