- This event has passed.
Global Hunger Sunday
Almost 800 million people around the world live with constant hunger, and 1 in 6 in North America are undernourished. Southern Baptists are fighting the global hunger crisis through Global Hunger Relief.
Through Global Hunger Relief 100% of your donations go toward hunger needs. Nothing is taken out for administrative or promotional costs.
Once a year, churches around the US will host a Global Hunger Sunday. We hope to inform and equip church leaders to emphasize this global crisis and lead their congregations to give to meet these critical needs.
Established in 1978 as the World Hunger Fund, Global Hunger Relief is an initiative of the Southern Baptist Convention dedicated to combating hunger and sharing the Bread of Life.
GHR funds are used in Gospel-centered hunger projects that share God’s love in both word and deed. GHR-funded projects meet crisis hunger needs in famine or natural disasters, but also focus on long-term, sustainable solutions to end chronic hunger, such as:
- Job skills training
- Livestock and seed distribution
- Clean water
- Home reconstruction
- Medical care
- Aftercare for human trafficking victims
Through Global Hunger Relief, Southern Baptists are helping communities and lives be transformed… for today, tomorrow, and forever.
- 100% of your donation goes directly to meeting hunger needs.
- 20% of funds meet needs in North America
- 80% of funds meet needs around the world
GHR is a collaborative partnership between seven Southern Baptist organizations:
- Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission (ERLC)
- International Mission Board (IMB)
- North American Mission Board (NAMB)
- Baptist Global Response (BGR)
- Women’s Missionary Union (WMU)
- LifeWay Christian Resources
- SBC Executive Committee