2020 Spark Conference
Do you want to see your church strong, advancing the Great Commission?
That’s why there’s SPARK. Not just another conference, SPARK is a gathering of local church leaders passionate about making disciples to reach the world for Christ. Last year the Georgia Baptist Mission Board hosted over 1,200 local church leaders, and this year they plan to double or triple that engagement through strategic partnerships.
Baptist Resource Network churches are invited to take advantage of this free Georgia-hosted, one-day total church equipping online conference, premiering August 28, 2020.
Spark is an online experience that churches, staff, laypeople, volunteers, and individuals can enjoy without the time or expense of travel. As an online FREE event, we expect to reach more people than before and provide valuable training for those leading in ministries throughout the church.
It’s a total church-strengthening event produced by the Georgia Baptist Mission Board.
The conference is fully online! It will premiere on Friday, August 28. The conference will be time-released throughout the day.
On August 29, all content, including bonus topics, will be made available at 3 a.m. ET (midnight PT). All content will be FREE from August 29 through September 22 if the individual, church, or association has registered before August 28. After that time, the Baptist Resource Network will pay the fee and make the videos accessible on this website.
There will be three keynotes. These leaders will include Paul Chitwood, IMB President; Robby Gallaty, Sr., Pastor of Long Hollow Baptist Church; and Tyronne Barnette, Pastor of Peace Baptist Church. The conference also features musical guest, Mark Hall of Casting Crowns.
Breakout sessions will include the following categories: Discipleship, Evangelism, Kids, Students, Women, Worship and Music, Missions, Pastoral Wellness, and more.
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE
- Individual users can register and view the sessions on their own.
- Associations can register and host a live, face-to-face event for their churches and leaders. Associations can also simply provide the content to their churches without hosting an event.
- Local churches can host an event for their leaders.
- Ideas: Associations or churches can…
- Host a one-day event at the local church
- Provide training for bi-vocational leaders in the evenings over a few weeks to accommodate their schedules
- Use the training on Sunday nights over several weeks for various leader trainings
- Or develop your own creative idea!
We want you to be able to use this training however it BEST fits your need!
*The event is FREE for everyone who registers before August 28. These pre-registered individuals will get all content for FREE from August 29-September 22. This content can be used to host a regional event or for an individual church. You can choose to use all breakouts or choose only the ones that fit your need.
- All breakout sessions will be pre-recorded. The three keynote sessions will be pre-recorded with an opportunity for a live Q&A on August 28.
- Breakout session titles and keynote speakers are listed at www.thesparkconference.com.
ONGOING TRAINING RESOURCE
Can’t view on August 28? No worries! The BRN will make the videos available to you, at no cost, at a date that is best for you and your church so you can use the resources to train your staff and volunteers throughout the year. We are here for you and are constantly striving to provide resources like these so we all have greater Kingdom impact!
See related story.